- 2 lamb blade steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 4 teaspoons)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 small Kirby cucumber, coarsely grated and squeezed dry (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into cubes the size of the tomatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Combine the lamb steaks with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3 teaspoons garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and oregano in a resealable plastic bag. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
2. Mix together the Greek yogurt, cucumbers, dill, and remaining 1 teaspoon garlic in a bowl and add salt to taste. Set aside.
3. Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Soak 12 bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes.
4. Toss the tomatoes and zucchini with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Thread the skewers alternating the lamb, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini, then sprinkle on all sides with salt and pepper. Grill the lamb to medium-rare, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes. Serve with the yogurt sauce.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
Total Fat: 32 grams
Saturated Fat: 10.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 7 grams
Protein: 24 grams
Sodium: 215 milligrams
Cholesterol: 81 milligrams
Fiber: 1.5 grams