Grilled Mexican Mole Rubbed Steaks with Charred Corn
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 15 min
- 15 min
- 15 min
- 2 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grill grate
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Four 10-ounce boneless strip steaks (about 1-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Smash the garlic cloves, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture to a coarse paste. Mix paste in bowl with the olive oil ancho powder, cocoa, cumin, and cinnamon. Rub the spice mixture all over the steaks and set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Preheat a grill to high and oil the grate. Lay the steaks on the hottest part of the grill and cook until charred, about 4 minutes. Turn and grill the other side until charred, about 4 minutes more for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium skillet and add the corn. Cook, shaking and stirring until the corn chars and butter smells nutty, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Serve steaks with the corn.
Total Fat: 44 grams
Saturated Fat: 16 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 16 grams
Protein: 57 grams
Sodium: 353 milligrams
Cholesterol: 202 milligrams
Fiber: 3 grams
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Recipe courtesy of Serena Palumbo