Grilled Pierogies and Kielbasa
- 1 pound kielbasa ( pork or turkey), cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 pound frozen potato-and-cheddar pierogies (do not thaw)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
Preheat a grill to medium. Grill the kielbasa, turning, until marked, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet or platter.
Toss the onion and pierogies with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, until the pierogies thaw and the onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Turn the pierogies and onion and continue to grill, covered, until the pierogies are cooked through and the onion is tender, 4 to 6 more minutes. Transfer to the baking sheet or platter.
Slice the kielbasa into pieces and add to the bowl with the mustard dressing. Roughly chop the onion and add to the bowl along with the pierogies and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and toss. Divide among shallow bowls.
Per serving: Calories 580; Fat 36 g (Saturated 10 g); Cholesterol 89 mg; Sodium 1,950 mg; Carbohydrate 43 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 23 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.