Grilled Rib-Eye Steaks with Smoked Paprika Rub
- Total Time:
- 35 min
- 20 min
- 15 min
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grill grates
- 4 rib-eye steaks, about 1-inch thick (1 pound each)
- 1 medium zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, thickly sliced
- 2 large ripe yet firm tomatoes, cored and thickly sliced
1. Preheat a grill with a high heat for direct grilling . Mix the honey, paprika, lemon juice, and garlic in a small bowl, season with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon oil and mix well. Rub the mixture all over the steak, set aside for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, toss the zucchini, squash, and tomatoes in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables, turning often to ensure even cooking, until lightly charred and soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and keep warm.
3. Lightly oil the grill grates. Grill the steaks over direct heat until nicely marked, about 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes. Serve steak with the vegetables.
Total Fat: 67 grams
Saturated Fat: 24.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 17 grams
Protein: 47 grams
Sodium: 276 milligrams
Cholesterol: 174 milligrams
Fiber: 3 grams
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved