- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 half chickens (about 3 pounds total)
- 1 (10-ounce) jar red jalapeno pepper jelly (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Vegetable oil, for grilling
- Grilled potatoes, for serving
1. Prepare a grill for medium-high heat cooking. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, coriander, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Rub the mixture over the chicken. In another bowl, whisk together the jelly, vinegar, and rosemary.
2. Brush the grill grate with oil. Grill the chicken halves, bone side down, for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook until there are dark grill marks on the skin, about 10 minutes. Flip the chicken again and brush the skin with the jelly mixture. Continue cooking, brushing the skin every 10 minutes with the jelly mixture, reserving some for serving, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thigh but not touching the bone registers 165 degrees F, about 20 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut the chicken into serving pieces and serve with the extra glaze on the side.