Stretch your strip steaks, a juicy and delicious cut of beef, by sharing them and serving them alongside a hearty serving of grilled green beans.
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for grill grates
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 strip steaks (about 1-inch thick), about 1 1/2 pounds total, trimmed of excess fat and halved
- Chimichurri sauce, recipe follows
Place a double layered piece of heavy-duty foil on a tray or cutting board; fold and gather edge to form a rim. Toss the green beans and tomatoes on foil with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
Preheat a grill to medium. Lightly oil the grill grates and season the steak with salt and pepper. Slide the foil tray onto the grill; cook, tossing occasionally, until the beans char slightly and cook through, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the steaks to the grill; cook until desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove steaks to cutting board to rest 5 minutes. Slice, and serve steak and the vegetables with the Chimichurri Sauce.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Nutritional analysis per serving of steak and tomatoes
Calories 451; Total Fat 29g (Sat Fat 11g, Mono Fat 13.4g, Poly Fat 1.54) ; Protein 37g; Carb 9g; Fiber 4g; Cholesterol 94mg; Sodium 217mg