Grilled Stonefruit, Arugula, and Bresaola Salad
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Juicy grilled peaches, lemony arugula, and salty bresaola team up to make the perfect summer lunch. The chardonnay's minerality stands up[ to the bresaola and arugula while the peaches bring out the more honeyed notes.]
- 2 plums or peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10 slices bresaola
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Honey, for drizzling
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 burrata cheese, cut into quarters
1. Preheat a grill with medium-high heat. Toss the plums in 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the fruit over medium-high heat until marked and slightly soft, about 2 minutes per side.
2. Lay 2 slices bresaola onto each of 4 plates. Roll up 2 additional slices bresaola and cut into strips; set aside.
3. Whisk together the lemon juice, the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, honey, salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Add the arugula and toss to coat. Top the bresaola with the arugula and grilled fruit. Top each salad with 1/4 burrata and sliced bresaola.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved