Halibut with Tuscan Beans and Endive
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads endive, quartered lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup prepared roasted peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 15 -ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small sprig rosemary, chopped
- 4 6 -ounce halibut fillets, with skin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 handful fresh parsley, torn
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the endive quarters, sprinkle with sugar and cook, tossing a couple of times, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the red onion, peppers and garlic and cook until the endive is wilted, about 2 more minutes. Raise the heat to high, add the beans, broth and rosemary and continue cooking, mashing some of the beans with a spoon to thicken the sauce slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the halibut fillets with salt and pepper; place skin-side up in the pan and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook until firm but still translucent in the center, 4 more minutes.
Photograph by Antonis Achiellos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.