Hanger Steak Provencal
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Steak and cabernet are a classic for good reason. Here, we've marinated the steak in Provencal spices to parallel the herb notes in the[ wine; finishing it with a sprinkle of gray salt sharpens the meaty flavors and pulls out some of the cab's ripe red fruit notes.]
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- Coarse sea salt or gray salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (1-pound) hanger steaks
1. Set up a grill for both direct and indirect heat.
2. Mix together the herbes de Provence, large pinch salt, and olive oil; rub onto the steaks. Place the steaks on the hot grill over high heat until marked, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to indirect heat, cover, and cook 12 minutes more for medium-rare.
3. Let rest 10 minutes. Slice, cutting across the grain. Sprinkle with salt and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Recipe courtesy of Jeff Mauro