Steak and cabernet are a classic for good reason. Here, we've marinated the steak in Provencal spices to parallel the herb notes in the wine; finishing it with a sprinkle of gray salt sharpens the meaty flavors and pulls out some of the cab's ripe red fruit notes.
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- Coarse sea salt or gray salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (1-pound) hanger steaks
1. Set up a grill for both direct and indirect heat.
2. Mix together the herbes de Provence, large pinch salt, and olive oil; rub onto the steaks. Place the steaks on the hot grill over high heat until marked, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to indirect heat, cover, and cook 12 minutes more for medium-rare.
3. Let rest 10 minutes. Slice, cutting across the grain. Sprinkle with salt and serve.
Per serving: Calories 380; Total Fat 19 grams; Saturated Fat: 6 grams; Protein: 49 grams; Total Carbohydrates: 0 grams; Sugar: 0 grams; Fiber: 0 grams; Cholesterol 141 milligrams; Sodium 245 milligrams;