Heirloom Tomato & Mint Salad
- Total Time:
- 15 min
- 10 min
- 5 min
- 2 pounds assorted vine-ripened heirloom tomatoes
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh spearmint leaves, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
1. Cut tomatoes into a variety of sizes and shapes: thick slabs; wedges; halves; and chunks.
2. Arrange tomatoes on a large platter, sprinkle with shallot, and season with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste. Let sit until tomatoes begin to release their juices, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with mint, drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, and serve.
Total Fat: 14 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 13 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Sodium: 150 milligrams
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Fiber: 3 gram
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved