- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 20 min
- one 8-inch-long tube of herb butter
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
In a large bowl mix the butter and the other ingredients with a rubber spatula until evenly combined.
Lay about a foot long section of plastic wrap on a work surface. Put the herb butter on the bottom center of the plastic wrap, and form into a mound about 8 inches long. Fold the bottom edge of the plastic wrap over the butter and roll the enclosed butter forward until completely wrapped, to form a tube of butter about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Twist the ends together like a party favor. Refrigerate until firm or freeze for up to 1 month. Sliced as needed for corn on the cob, grilled steaks, or Chicken Kiev.
From Food Network Kitchens