- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (seeded for less heat)
- 4 scallions, sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 3/4-pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen brown rice (about 5 cups)
- 4 ounces snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
Preheat the broiler. Combine the hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon vinegar, the jalapeno, half of the scallions and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a blender or mini food processor and pulse until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
Slice the pork tenderloin in half lengthwise and place both pieces cut-side down on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and brush with half of the hoisin sauce mixture. Broil until golden brown and just cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
Combine the frozen rice, snow peas, 1 tablespoon each olive oil and vinegar, the ginger, 1 teaspoon sesame seeds and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until the rice is hot and the snow peas are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
Toss the carrots, the remaining scallions and 1 teaspoon each olive oil, vinegar and sesame seeds in a bowl. Thinly slice the pork; serve with the rice mixture, carrot salad and remaining sauce.
Per serving: Calories 480; Fat 11 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 47 mg; Sodium 854 mg; Carbohydrate 72 g; Fiber 7 g; Protein 25 g
Photograph by Christopher Testani