Honey and Soy-Glazed Chicken Thighs with Marinated Cucumbers
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 10 min
- 25 min
- 25 min
- 8 chicken thighs (about 3 to 4 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for pan
- 2 cucumbers (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1. Place the chicken in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 1 tablespoon oil. Seal and turn bag to coat chicken evenly. Marinate 15 minutes at room temperature, or in the refrigerator for up to 12 hours.
2. Peel the cucumbers and halve lengthwise. Use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds and discard. Thinly slice and toss in a strainer with 1 teaspoon salt. Let sit 10 minutes in the sink to drain. Rinse, drain well and pat dry on paper towels. Toss in a bowl with the vinegars and chives. Set aside.
3. Position the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, honey, lemon juice, and thyme in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to blend. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
4. Line the bottom of a broiling pan with foil and brush top pan with oil. Arrange the chicken on the pan, skin-side up. Bake the chicken, brushing often with the honey-soy mixture, until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh, registers 160 degrees F, about 25 minutes. Put the oven on the broil setting and liberally brush each thigh with more of the honey-soy mixture. Broil until nicely browned, watching carefully to avoid burning. Season with pepper. Serve chicken with the cucumber salad.
Total Fat: 27 grams
Saturated Fat: 7.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 39 grams
Protein: 30 grams
Sodium: 906 milligrams
Cholesterol: 138 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray