Mellifluous honey and subtly salty cheese, weave the best of fall into every bite.
- 1 ripe Anjou or Bosc pear
- 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Honey, for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
1. Halve and core the pear, then cut into slices, leaving the stem-end intact and not cutting through to separate the slices. Squeeze the lemon juice over the cut side of the pear halves.
2. Season the ricotta with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, then place in 2 mounds on a plate. Top the ricotta mounds with the sliced pear halves, gently fanning out the slices. Drizzle the pears with honey and sprinkle with the pine nuts.