Honey Soy Grilled Salmon with Edamame and Brown Rice
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
From Food Network Kitchens
This well-balanced meal is quick, simple and delicious!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 4 center cut skin-on wild salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges to garnish
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 1/3 cups shelled frozen edamame
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 oranges, cut into wedges
- Four 6-ounce glasses reduced-fat milk
Preheat the grill over medium-high direct heat. Brush oil on the grill grates.
Cut two 3-inch long slits through the skin lengthwise on the bottom of the salmon fillets, going about halfway into the salmon. Evenly stuff the slits with the herb mixture. Sprinkle the fish all over with 1/2 teaspoon salt and some pepper.
Stir together the honey, lime juice and soy sauce until smooth. Place the salmon skin-side up on the grill and cook until well-marked, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the salmon and continue to cook, brushing the tops with the sauce, until the fish is cooked through, about another 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle the tops with the sesame seeds.
Combine the edamame, 1 tablespoon water and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high until warm through, about 3 minutes.
Per serving (1 salmon fillet, 1/3 cup edamame, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 orange, one 6-ounce glass milk): Calories 690; Fat 32 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 110 mg; Sodium 660 mg; Carbohydrate 49 g; Protein 50 g; Fiber 6 g; Sugars 19 g
More Recipes and Ideas:
Shrimp 2 Ways: Soy Sauce-Grilled Shrimp with Spinach Salad and New-Style Scampi, Tamarind, Rosemary and Honey Grilled Flap Steak, Grilled Honey-Orange Figs with Mascarpone and Pistachios, Grilled Steak Recipes, Grilled Shrimp Recipes, Easy Grilling, Barbecuing, Salmon Burger Recipes, Baked Salmon Recipes