- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-fat (2-percent) milk
- 3 tablespoons honey, plus more for serving
- 1 large egg white
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk together the milk, honey and egg white in a small bowl. Add to the dry mixture and stir with a fork until just incorporated.
Drop 12 mounds onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each biscuit. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet.
Serve warm with honey on the side.