- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup horseradish, drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 3/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Mix the tomato paste, horseradish, olive oil, hot sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste in a large bowl; add the shrimp and toss. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Preheat the broiler. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Spread out the shrimp on the baking sheet and broil until just cooked through, 4 to 8 minutes (no need to turn). Serve warm or at room temperature with lemon wedges.
Photograph by Con Poulos