- Kosher salt
- 1 10-ounce bag baby spinach
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 3/4 cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained, squeezed dry and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 or 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Baked chips, for serving
Preheat the oven to 450. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and prepare a bowl of ice water. Stir the spinach and basil into the boiling water and cook until bright green, about 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and immediately plunge in the ice water. Drain and squeeze dry, then roughly chop.
Puree the beans, cream cheese, garlic and chicken broth in a food processor until smooth, scraping the sides as needed. Transfer to a medium bowl and fold in the spinach and basil, artichokes, parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Add the cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper to taste.
Mist a deep 1-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread the dip mixture in the dish and top with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella. Bake until golden and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with baked chips.
Per serving (1/4 cup): Calories 100; Fat 5 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol 19 mg; Sodium 338 mg; Carbohydrate 7 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 6 g
Photograph by Karl Juengel/Studio D