Reduced fat cream cheese and sour cream are the healthy key to this creamy dip. A bit of crab boil spice, hot sauce, lemon and herbs keep it fresh tasting.
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), room temperature
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crab boil spices, (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces fresh crab meat, picked over for bits of shell and patted dry
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Whole-wheat crackers for serving, optional
Stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, crab boil spice, and garlic in a medium saucepan until smooth; season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Heat the cream cheese mixture over medium-low heat until warm, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes. Fold in the crab, scallions, parsley and lemon juice and warm until heated through, about 1 minute more. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Nutritional analysis per 1/4 cup serving (does not include crackers)
Calories 125; Total Fat 8g (Sat Fat 4g, Mono Fat 2g, Poly Fat 0.5g); Protein 11g; Carb 2g; Fiber 0g; Cholesterol 58mg; Sodium 349mg