- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 5 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Serving suggestion: Assorted flat breads, and brine-cured olives
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, water, tahini, 5 tablespoons lemon juice, salt, and garlic and puree. While the motor is running, pour in the olive oil and process until fully incorporated. Season with pepper, to taste. Store in the refrigerator for 6 hours, for the flavors to come together.
When ready to serve, remove the hummus from the refrigerator and stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice and parsley. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with flat breads and olives. Store any leftover hummus in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.