Jerk Chicken and Pineapple Kebabs
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 bunch scallions (white and green parts), roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Scotch bonnet chile, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 2 tablespoons Pickapeppa sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated peeled ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 &4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut into large cubes
- 1 bunch scallions (white and green parts), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cubed
- Kosher salt
Special Equipment: 6 long skewers
Pulse the vinegar, rum, brown sugar, scallions, garlic, chile, Pickapeppa sauce, ginger, allspice, and pumpkin pie spice in a food processor to make a slightly chunky sauce. Heat the oil in a medium skillet and cook the sauce over medium heat, stirring, until the oil is absorbed and the sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Cool.
Rub the jerk paste all over the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat or prepare a grill. Thread the chicken, scallions, and pineapple alternately on skewers (if you use wooden ones, soak them in water for 15 minutes before threading them). Season with salt. (Leave a little space around the meat so the heat gets to all sides.) Grill, turning, until the chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Gingered Pineapple Chicken Skewers, Chicken and Grilled Pineapple Wedges with Green Peppercorn Sauce and Mushrooms, Jerk Chicken with Roasted Mango and Habanero Chiles, Mexican Chicken Recipes, Fried Chicken Recipes, Grilled Chicken Recipes, Chicken Soup Recipes, Pineapple Recipes, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes