Jerk Chicken and Pineapple Kebabs
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 bunch scallions (white and green parts), roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Scotch bonnet chile, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 2 tablespoons Pickapeppa sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated peeled ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 &4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut into large cubes
- 1 bunch scallions (white and green parts), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cubed
- Kosher salt
Special Equipment: 6 long skewers
Pulse the vinegar, rum, brown sugar, scallions, garlic, chile, Pickapeppa sauce, ginger, allspice, and pumpkin pie spice in a food processor to make a slightly chunky sauce. Heat the oil in a medium skillet and cook the sauce over medium heat, stirring, until the oil is absorbed and the sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Cool.
Rub the jerk paste all over the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat or prepare a grill. Thread the chicken, scallions, and pineapple alternately on skewers (if you use wooden ones, soak them in water for 15 minutes before threading them). Season with salt. (Leave a little space around the meat so the heat gets to all sides.) Grill, turning, until the chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.