Jerk Turkey Burgers with Mango Slaw
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 small green apple, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup mango chutney, roughly chopped
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded
- Canola oil, for the grill
- 4 hamburger buns or challah rolls, split
Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Mix the turkey, jerk seasoning, apple, 1/4 cup scallions and the panko in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Form into four 1-inch-thick patties and make a small indentation in the middle of each with your thumb to prevent it from puffing up on the grill. Refrigerate.
Whisk the mayonnaise and chutney in a large bowl. Add the cabbage, carrot and the remaining 1/4 cup scallions, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Brush the grill with canola oil. Grill the turkey patties until browned and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Brush the cut sides of the buns with mayonnaise and sprinkle with jerk seasoning; toast on the grill, about 30 seconds. Serve the burgers and slaw on the buns.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Jerky Turkey Burgers with Papaya Salsa, Cranberry Bog Turkey Burgers, served with Corn on the Cob with Chive Butter, Turkey Burgers With Orange Mustard Glaze, Grilling Recipes, Burger Recipes, Salmon Burger Recipes, Healthy Brunch, Turkey Pot Pie Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes