The Chopped challenge for this week was jicama. To highlight its bright flavor and crunchy raw texture, we pulsed it to make the base of this tabbouleh-like salad. Chopped Basket Ingredient: jicama
- 1 3/4 pound jicama, peeled
- 2 cups packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Persian cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Kosher salt and finely ground black pepper
- 6 chicken cutlets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
Cut the jicama into chunks, and then pulse in the food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl.
In the same processor carafe, pulse the parsley and mint until finely chopped. Add to the jicama along with the tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, 2 tablespoons of the oil, the lemon juice, 2 teaspoons salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper.
Stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons oil with the paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and rub all over chicken.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Grill the chicken, turning, until grill marks appear, about 4 minutes. Let the chicken rest 5 minutes.
Serve, topped with the jicama tabbouleh.