Jumbo Shrimp Stuffed with Cilantro & Chiles
- 8 jumbo shrimp, in shell (about 11/4 pounds)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 large jalapeno, with seeds
- 2 scallions, white and green parts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat grill to medium-high. Cut a deep slit shrimp, through shell, down ridged back and remove vein. Rinse and pat shrimp dry. Whisk thyme leaves, lime juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 12 teaspoon of salt, and black pepper to taste in a shallow glass dish. Add shrimp and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Pulse garlic, jalapeno, scallions, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and remaining 12 teaspoon salt in a food processor to a coarse paste. Add cilantro and pulse to incorporate. Spoon mixture into slit in shrimp and press to close opening. Lay shrimp on grill and cook for 3 minutes. Turn over, cover, and grill until shrimp turn pink and are slightly firm to touch, about 2 more minutes. Sprinkle with salt and serve.
Total Fat: 10 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 4 grams
Protein: 29 grams
Sodium: 330 milligrams
Cholesterol: 4 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram
Thank you! your flag was submitted.