This has all the warm creamy goodness of party-favorite spinach artichoke dip, but with far fewer calories and fat. Kale adds heartiness and packs in a variety of nutrients-it's one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat.
- 1 1/2 cups thawed, squeezed and chopped frozen kale (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thawed and roughly chopped frozen artichoke hearts (about 2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Large pinch cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- Multi-grain corn tortilla chips, for serving
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Combine the kale, artichoke hearts, 1/2 cup of the Swiss cheese, the milk, all but 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan, the cream cheese, Worcestershire, cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the garlic in a medium bowl. Transfer to a 1-quart baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Swiss cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan. Bake until bubbly and lightly golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let set for 5 minutes and serve with tortilla chips.
Per serving: Calories 102; Total Fat 5 grams; Saturated Fat 3 grams; Protein 9 grams; Total Carbohydrate 6 grams; Sugar: 3 grams; Fiber 1 gram; Cholesterol 16 milligrams; Sodium 365 milligrams