- 1 5-to-6-ounce package cellophane noodles
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 12 ounces skirt steak, sliced 1/4 inch thick against the grain
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- Kosher salt
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 cup shredded carrots (from about 3 carrots)
- 6 cups baby spinach (about 10 ounces)
Soak the noodles in warm water to soften, 5 to 10 minutes, then drain and snip into pieces with kitchen shears.
Heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the onion and 1 teaspoon salt and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add the beef and stir-fry until just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl.
Rinse and wipe out the skillet, return to the heat and add 2 teaspoons sesame oil. Add the mushrooms and carrots; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add the noodles and 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce mixture and stir-fry 1 minute; add 1/3 cup water and cook until the noodles are just tender, 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the beef.
Per serving: Calories 616 ; Fat 30 g (Saturated 7 g); Cholesterol 45 mg; Sodium 1,558 mg; Carbohydrate 69 g; Fiber 7 g; Protein 23 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos