Lamb Chops with Mint-Walnut Pesto
- Lamb Chops:
- Four 6-ounce loin lamb chops
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons Mint Walnut Pesto, recipe follows
- Grilled asparagus, for serving, optional
- Mint Walnut Pesto:
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese, about 1/4 cup
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat broiler and position pan 4 to 6 inches under heat.
2. Position a broiler pan 4 to 6 inches from broiler and heat. Brush chops lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place chops on hot pan and broil to desired doneness, turning once about halfway through cooking, 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from broiler and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve sliced topped with pesto. Serve asparagus as a side dish.
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spread nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast, shaking occasionally, until evenly browned, about 8 minutes. Remove and cool.
2. Puree nuts, mint, parsley, cheese, garlic, and salt in a food processor. Drizzle in olive oil, with motor running, until incorporated. Transfer pesto to a container, place a piece plastic wrap on surface, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Makes 2/3 cupNutrition Info (per serving, does not include asparagus):
Total Fat: 29.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 7 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 2 grams
Protein: 40 grams
Sodium: 509 milligrams
Cholesterol: 126 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gramNutrition Info (per tablespoon):
Total Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 gram
Total Carbohydrate: 1 gram
Protein: 1 gram
Sodium: 132 milligrams
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Fiber: 0.5 gram
Thank you! your flag was submitted.