- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the almonds, shake and swirl until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and salt it generously. Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and toss with the butter, zest, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl. Scatter the almonds over top and serve.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.