Lemon and Pepper Marinated Chicken Cutlets with Arugula
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 20 min
- 10 min
- 1 hr
- 10 min
- 2 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 thin chicken cutlets (about 2 pounds total)
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan, for serving
1. Smash the garlic cloves, sprinkle with 2 teaspoons kosher salt, and, with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture into a coarse paste. Transfer to a lidded storage container. Add 1/2 teaspoon pepper and the lemon zest. Whisk in 1/4 cup of the lemon juice and 1/3 cup olive oil. Add the chicken cutlets; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or up to overnight.
2. Heat a heavy grill pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook the chicken cutlets until charred and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to serving plates.
3. Toss the arugula and tomatoes in a medium bowl with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Divide evenly and mound on top of each chicken cutlet. Top with cheese. Serve.
Total Fat: 27 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Protein: 53 grams
Sodium: 278 milligrams
Cholesterol: 132 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Recipe courtesy of Tom Pizzica
Recipe courtesy of Aaron McCargo Jr.