Lemon and Pepper Marinated Chicken Cutlets with Arugula
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 20 min
- 10 min
- 1 hr
- 10 min
- 2 cloves garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 thin chicken cutlets (about 2 pounds total)
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan, for serving
1. Smash the garlic cloves, sprinkle with 2 teaspoons kosher salt, and, with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture into a coarse paste. Transfer to a lidded storage container. Add 1/2 teaspoon pepper and the lemon zest. Whisk in 1/4 cup of the lemon juice and 1/3 cup olive oil. Add the chicken cutlets; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or up to overnight.
2. Heat a heavy grill pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook the chicken cutlets until charred and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to serving plates.
3. Toss the arugula and tomatoes in a medium bowl with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Divide evenly and mound on top of each chicken cutlet. Top with cheese. Serve.
Total Fat: 27 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Protein: 53 grams
Sodium: 278 milligrams
Cholesterol: 132 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Mojo Marinated Chicken with Grilled Purple Potatoes and Charred Corn and Black Bean Salsa with Grilled Flour Tortilla
Recipe courtesy of Herb Mesa