- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 skin-on chicken drumsticks (about 1 pound)
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 cloves garlic (about 1 head)
- 2 lemons (finely grated zest of one, juice of both)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and 2 tablespoons flour. Add to the skillet and cook, turning, until slightly golden on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice and turn the chicken to coat. Transfer the skillet to the oven; roast until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the corn and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn softens, about 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon flour, then add the milk and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chives and season with salt and pepper.
Divide the chicken among plates and drizzle with the pan juices. Serve with the creamed corn.
Per serving: Calories 591; Fat 35 g (Saturated 11 g); Cholesterol 158 mg; Sodium 343 mg; Carbohydrate 32 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 37 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos