- 1 medium carrot, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Kosher salt
Put the carrot and 1 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid, then drain the carrot.
Puree the carrot and reserved cooking liquid in a blender until smooth. Add the ginger, brown sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and teaspoon salt; pulse until smooth.
Per serving (2 tablespoons): Calories 17; Fat 1 g (Saturated 0 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 86 mg; Carbohydrate 2 g; Fiber 0 g; Protein 0 g
Photograph by Andrew McCaul