- 1 pound dry linguine or spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 36 little neck clams, scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season generously with salt. Boil the pasta until al dente, tender but still firm.
While the pasta cooks make the clam sauce. Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook until softened but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add the pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the wine and water and increase the heat to high. Add the clams, cover, and cook, shaking the pan periodically, until all the clams are opened, about 6 minutes.
Drain the pasta and add to the clam sauce. Add the parsley and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide among heated bowls and serve immediately.
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.