Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
From Food Network Kitchens
We used turkey instead of beef, and loaded the nachos with healthy ingredients. Plus, because they're spread out and baked, you get a little[ of everything in every flavor packed bite, without having to load the top with ingredients.]
- Fourteen 5 1/2-inch thin yellow corn tortillas
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 small red onion, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces 99-percent fat free ground turkey
- 6 ounces butternut squash, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 3/4 cup store-bought salsa verde
- 3 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 ounces shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack (about 1 cup)
- 1 ounce crumbled Cotija, about 3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 radishes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly coat both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray. Stack the tortillas and cut them into six wedges. Spread out the triangles on a sheet tray. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake until crisp and light golden brown, about 25 minutes. Toss the tortillas halfway through.
Meanwhile, toss the red onion with the lime juice in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the turkey and cook, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the butternut squash, salsa verde, 1/2 cup water and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Reduce to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook, stirring periodically, until the sauce is thick, not watery, and the squash tender, about 10 minutes. Fold in the pumpkin seeds.
Turn the oven up to 400 degrees F. Spread the turkey mixture evenly over the tortilla chips. Sprinkle with the Monterey Jack and Cotija . Bake in the oven until the cheese melts, 8 to 10 minutes.
Per serving (18 loaded chips): Calories 450; Fat 19 g (Saturated 7 g); Cholesterol 50 mg; Sodium 750 mg; Carbohydrate 45 g; Protein 29 g; Fiber 7 g; Sugars 8 g
Thank you! your flag was submitted.