- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small stalk celery, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 rounded tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons minced dill (optional)
- 2 cups diced cooked lobster meat (about 14 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 hot dog rolls, New England-style preferred
In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, celery, lemon juice, chives, mustard, parsley, salt, and pepper to taste. If using, add the basil or dill. Using a rubber spatula, gently mix the lobster with the dressing until just combined. Refrigerate for at least 1 or up to 24 hours.
When ready to serve, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1 teaspoon of the butter. Add 2 hot dog rolls and toast them on their flat sides, about 30 seconds per side. Repeat with the remaining butter and rolls.
Split the rolls open and fill with the lobster mixture and serve.
Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved