Only a small bit of oil and maple syrup are needed to coat these thick wedges of potatoes. Roasting them at a high temperature browns them well and deepens the flavors. A fresh sprinkle of lemon zest adds flavor without fat.
- 2 pounds small sweet potatoes (about 5), peeled and cut lengthwise into 1-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly grated nutmeg, to taste, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Toss the sweet potatoes on a large, foil-lined rimmed baking sheet with the oil; season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Roast the potatoes for 20 minutes.
2. Remove the pan from the oven and toss the potatoes with the syrup.
3. Back in the oven, roast, tossing twice, until the potatoes are beginning to brown and are tender, about 15 minutes more. To serve, sprinkle warm potatoes with freshly grated lemon zest, sea salt, and nutmeg to taste.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Nutritional analysis per serving
Calories 159; Total Fat 2g (Sat Fat 0g, Mono Fat .5g, Poly Fat 1.5g) ; Protein 2g; Carb 33g; Fiber 5g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 190mg