- 3 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup, recipe follows
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon Lime-salt-sugar, recipe follows
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup and orange liqueur. Cover and shake until mixed and chilled, about 30 seconds. Spread lime-salt-sugar on a plate. Moisten the rim of a chilled rocks or wine glass with a lime wedge and press into mixture to rim edge. Strain margarita into glass.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
1. Place sugar and water in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool. Store in a sealed container in refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Yield: about 1 1/2 cups
- Zest one lime
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
1. Blend zest, salt and sugar together in a small blender or mini food chopper. Use immediately.