- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, and seeds scraped out with a knife and reserved
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- Grated zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 1/2 pint blueberries, rinsed
- 1/2 pint strawberries, rinsed, tops trimmed, halved or quartered, if large
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vanilla bean and seeds, citrus zests, and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer very gently to make a loose syrup, about 25 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the citrus juices. Combine the berries in a bowl. Strain the warm syrup over the berries and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.