Marinated Fresh Berries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Grated zest 1 lemon
- Grated zest 1 lime
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint raspberries, rinsed
- 1/2 pint blueberries, rinsed
- 1/2 pint strawberries, rinsed, tops trimmed, halved or quartered, if large
- 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, citrus zests, and water. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the citrus juices and vanilla. Combine the berries in a bowl. Pour the warm syrup over the berries and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Serve marinated berries over a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.