- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 pounds baby carrots (preferably rainbow), tops trimmed
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped candied pecans
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the marmalade, then add the carrots, orange juice, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are almost tender, 13 to 15 minutes.
Uncover and add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet. Increase the heat to medium high and cook, stirring, until the liquid is reduced, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with the candied pecans.
Photograph courtesy Anna Williams