- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 12-ounce can solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Kirby cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 pieces pita or naan bread
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
Toss the tuna, chickpeas, cucumber, scallions and tomatoes with 1/4 cup of the dressing in a medium bowl.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly brush both sides of the pita with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden, about 1 minute per side. Cool slightly and cut into wedges.
Toss the romaine with the remaining dressing and divide among bowls. Top with the tuna salad and serve with the grilled pita.
Per serving: Calories 504; Fat 23 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol 36 mg; Sodium 812 mg; Carbohydrate 44 g; Fiber 8 g; Protein 31 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos