- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pound ground lean chicken
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses, for brushing
- 4 whole wheat buns, toasted
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
Heat the olive oil in a skillet, add the onion, cinnamon, coriander, pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and parsley and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 more minute. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in the chicken and yogurt until the onion are evenly mixed. Season with salt and pepper. Shape into 4 1/2-inch thick patties.
Cook in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the sides of the burgers registers between 165 and 170 degrees F. Brush burgers with the pomegranate molasses and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Serve on toasted buns with fixings.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.