Middle Eastern Chicken Sloppy Joe
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions (white and green parts separate), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 (4-inch) whole wheat pitas with pockets, tops trimmed and warmed
- Suggested servings: sliced tomato and cucumbers
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, add the scallion whites cinnamon, salt, and pepper, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, tomato, and raisins and cook over high heat until mixture is almost dry, about 6 minutes. Add the chicken and cook stirring until meat is cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the green part of the scallions, yogurt, and pine nuts. Serve mixture stuffed into warm pita with tomato slices and cucumber slices.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.