Mini Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
- Cooking spray
- 6 strips (3 ounces) turkey bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg large whites
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated Fontina cheese
- Mixed greens for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mist a large nonstick skillet with more nonstick cooking spray and put over medium heat. Add the turkey bacon and cook turning frequently until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
3. In the same skillet, heat the oil. Add the mushrooms, shallot, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until shallots are soft and the mushrooms are dry and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the baby spinach and nutmeg until the spinach is just wilted, but still bright green, 2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, and salt and pepper until well combined. Stir in the cheese. Divide the egg mixture evenly between the muffin tins, filling them about halfway. Top evenly with the mushroom and spinach mixture and then the chopped bacon.
5. Bake until the quiches are well risen, golden brown and set, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with greens.
Copyright 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 mini quiche)
Calories 180; Total Fat 11.5g (Sat Fat 4g, Mono Fat 5g, Poly Fat 2g); Protein 14g; Carb 6g; Fiber 1g; Cholesterol 162mg; Sodium 538mg
These mini quiches are individually sized without a crust for great portion control. In addition, the combination of half egg whites and half whole eggs beaten with some skim milk and topped with a sprinkle of crumbled turkey bacon makes for a tasty breakfast that's light on calories.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.