- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup giardiniera vegetables, drained and chopped
- One 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella-and-pepperoni rolls (or any other variation of a fresh mozzarella roll)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Cook's Note: You can find these spiraled mozzarella rolls stuffed with prosciutto, pepperoni or sundried tomato and herbs. Use the one that appeals to you.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Add the tomatoes, giardiniera vegetables, artichokes, olives, olive oil and vinegar to the bowl with the tortellini.
Thinly slice the mozzarella roll. Set half aside for garnishing the pasta. Quarter the remaining half and toss with the tortellini and vegetables.
Season the pasta with additional salt and pepper. Toss with the parsley, reserving about a teaspoon for garnish. Transfer to a flat plate and surround the pasta salad with the reserved cheese slices and top with the parsley garnish. Serve at room temperature.