- 1 20-to-22-ounce package frozen waffle fries
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild yellow cheddar cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 scallions, sliced
Bake the waffle fries as the label directs. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels, then chop into bite-size pieces.
Combine the cheddar, mozzarella, cornstarch, pimientos and mustard powder in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan; add 1/3 cup water and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the cheese melts and the mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
Divide the waffle fries among plates; top with the cheese sauce, bacon and scallions.
Photograph by Kang Kim