- 1 16-to-20-ounce bag frozen sweet potato fries
- 3 strips bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian chile sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Prepared fried onions or fried shallots, for topping
Bake the sweet potato fries as the label directs.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the brown sugar, fish sauce, chile sauce, lime juice and lime zest to the drippings. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
Transfer the fries to a serving dish. Drizzle with the chile sauce mixture, then sprinkle with the bacon, cilantro and fried onions.
Photograph by Charles Masters