United Tates of America
- 1 pound large blue or purple potatoes
- 3/4 pound large red-skinned potatoes
- 3/4 pound large Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 sprigs thyme, leaves stripped
- 1/2 cup celery leaves, coarsely chopped, plus 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and put a baking sheet on the rack. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F for at least 10 minutes. Halve the potatoes lengthwise and toss them with the olive oil in a large bowl. Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven. Using tongs, arrange the potatoes cut-side down on the hot baking sheet. Sprinkle with the thyme, celery leaves, bell pepper strips, half of the lemon juice and 2 teaspoons salt. Roast until the potatoes are tender and golden, 25 to 35 minutes.
Use a spatula to carefully transfer the potatoes to a cutting board. Cut each potato into 2 or 3 pieces. Arrange the potatoes by color on a platter and top with the red peppers and the celery-scallion mixture. Serve with the spicy mayonnaise.
Photograph by Sam Kaplan
More Recipes and Ideas:
Another of My Friend Vicky's Creations: Cauliflower with Red, Green and Black Confetti, Boule Shaped Loaves of Bread: Pan De Horno, Mille Feuille of Benne Wafers and Pineapple Pastry Cream with Macerated Berries, Potato Salad Recipes, Asian Salad Recipes, Baked Potato Recipes, Fries Recipes, Salad, Potato Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.