NB Grilled Thick Cut Pork Chops with Summer Salsa
- For the Pork:
- Vegetable oil, for grill grate
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 , 1 1/2-inches thick double-cut bone-in pork loin chops (about 1 pound each)
- For the Salsa:
- 2 large ripe peaches, quartered and pit removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, parsley, or mint)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1. For the pork: Preheat a grill to medium and lightly oil the grate. In a small bowl, mix 2 teaspoons kosher salt, chili powder, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Divide mixture evenly among chops and rub all over.
2. Place the chops on hot grate over the flame and grill until marked and cooked halfway through, about 10 minutes. Turn the chops and move to a cooler area of the grill; cover and cook until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 140 degrees F to 145 degrees F, about 10 minutes. Transfer chops to a cutting board and rest for 5 minutes.
3. For the salsa: Meanwhile, brush the peach quarters with 1 teaspoon oil and place on the grill until marked and softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Roughly chop the peaches, about 3/4-inch pieces, and place in a medium bowl along with the tomatoes and red onion. Add 1/4 teaspoon zest to the bowl along with the lime juice, about 4 teaspoons. Add the herbs, and season with salt and pepper. Serve the chops with the salsa.
Total Fat: 34.5 grams
Saturated Fat: 10.5 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 15 grams
Protein: 71 grams
Sodium: 327 milligrams
Cholesterol: 232 milligrams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Thank you! your flag was submitted.