New Orleans-Style BBQ Shrimp
- Total Time:
- 15 min
- 5 min
- 10 min
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed (about 1 head)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 pound large shrimp, shell on and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 lemons, cut into wedges
- Crusty bread, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350degreesF.
2. Heat olive oil, butter, garlic, bay leaves, and thyme in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat until butter melts and garlic and herbs are fragrant, about 5 minutes.
3. Toss shrimp, Worcestershire sauce, salt, paprika, and cayenne in a bowl. Add to skillet along with sherry and transfer to oven. Bake until shrimp curl and are pink, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with lemon wedges and bread.
Total Fat: 27 grams
Saturated Fat: 10 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 9 grams
Protein: 13 grams
Sodium: 860 milligrams
Cholesterol: 115 milligrams
Fiber: 1 gram
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens for entwine.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved